Sunday, November 2, 2008

Last Week This Week

Last Week:
The coffee shop friend asked me if she could go to church, so the prayers are working! Too bad cession didn't have a night service she could attend this week.  The Wesleyan pastor's conference (Equip 08) ran this weekend. I connected with a good number of different pastors and their leaders from across the north island of New Zealand.

This Week:
My personal goal for the next two weeks is to find a respected Kiwi evangelist to learn from. (I won't know my boundaries of boldness vs. insensitivity until then). I am also in charge of coordinating setup for a film showing and outreach opportunity at the church on Friday night called "American Blackout." For the last three weeks we have been collecting info and taking pictures, so this week we will be solidifying the information to create a long awaited church directory for cession|community(this is key in my communication with others). The new cell group will have its second meeting this week, and i will now begin forming a First Contact/Impressions team to engage visitors.
PS. Only the Americans had ever carved a pumpkin for Halloween; our South African, Kiwi, Fijian, and Swedish friends had never tried this before.

No comments: