Monday, February 9, 2009

Last Week This Week

Last Week: Summer relaxation turned into "Back to Work." I began a discipline month where I am waking up early to jog with friends and spend time in prayer and the Word. It really has increased my productivity throughout the day! I also bought a van! (pictures are attached)

I have been praying and wanting a vehicle to transport groups of people around in for missions teams, youth events, retreats, surf lessons, etc. None of the churches in this area really have a van readily available to them, so I look forward to this being used as a huge ministry tool!

This Week: Continue the Discipline Month. A team is finishing a needed cession|community church directory which will be big for involvement. There is also a meeting taking place to discuss a central database for the church which will be good for details for new people and the cell group leaders I meet with. I am also getting ready to start up a personal cell group for people around a college/university level. Another dream is coming to fruition called (OI-Open Invites). This will be an opportunity and platform to connect the young adults in and around the Auckland churches to provide a social network and place for them to bring their friends. We will provide a monthly activity, and begin to look at how we can support the people who come from their which may include mentoring or helping them develop a small group at their local church. Cool Things are Happening!

Coffee Shop Friend: I will meet up with the friend one more time this week hopefully before they head back to Sweden and I am hoping to give them a bible with a few specific passages marked since I do not think they currently own one or at least one that is used regularly.

Thanks for your prayers and support.

No comments: