Monday, October 20, 2008

Ministry Stories So Far

Flight Conversations
I met A LOT of people on the last fight to NZ. Vic was the first guy that came and started up conversation in the LA airport and I enjoyed the conversation with him about photography… he made an interesting comment, “I am not going to fake it and say that I am a Christian, but I do have to admit that Christianity has always intrigued me… yeah, it has always been something I admired and watched from afar.” Once I was on my flight I met Brandon from Toronto and sarah? From Saskatchewan.
They were great for my long flight. Sarah(19), me (24), & Brandon (27) all travelers and excited about the next step. It was fun to share the movies, food, discussion, and time with them in the airplane and layover in Nadi, Fiji. We talked hockey, acting, politics, shot the breeze, Canada vs. US, traveling stories, etc. good times. My last leg i met Tara from Ireland. I love the life and adventure everyone lives, and in summary, they are in search of a life of fulfillment and happiness, whatever that looks like for them. I feel like in the some Christian circles, this is a good family, a good career, and security in life. It scares me because I don’t know that that is the entirety of the Christian life although those are of God. I think adventure is a part of God’s will for life. I think uncertainty and spontaneity have their time and place not just in vacations, but in life time decisions.

Homestay Phil from Germany:(top right) Phil has an amazing testimony. He is a homestay over here in New Zealand for year in Mike Yates house. Mike is the pastor of ShoreGrace and when i got to sit down and talk with Phil, he was so grateful for being place with the family and kept telling me about how much he was learning about God and the church since being apart of this family. If he is not a Christian, he is well on his way! so good.

Coffee Club Waitress from Sweden:
I was working and this girl asked about my accent and why i was here. The conversation then went into church and life and later to my beliefs about politics and moral issues like drinking, smoking, and sex. She was really intrigued, commenting that "she has never met anyone who has decided to save themself for marriage." She said she had not been to church since being in NZ for 7 months so i have invited her to cession. We will see what comes from this.

No comments: